Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cheesy Lasagna Rolls

The way I like to cook dinner is to do the major preparation in the morning and the final touches just before dinnertime.  This method has kept me from ordering pizza or Chinese take-out many a time.  One recent morning, I simply boiled some lasagna noodles, mixed up a little filling, and pulled out a jar of store-bought pasta sauce from the cupboard.  In no time, my main dish was ready.




Cheesy Lasagna Rolls

8 dry lasagna noodles
3 ounces shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup) plus 1 additional ounce
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
1 tablespoon dry Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 25-ounce jar low fat pasta sauce

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with olive oil spray.

Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.  Drain and lay flat on a cotton kitchen towel.

In a medium bowl, combine 3 ounces Mozzarella, cottage cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Spread about 3 tablespoons on one half of each lasagna noodle.  Roll up lasagna noodles, cheesy end first.

Spread about 1/4 cup pasta sauce evenly over bottom of prepared baking pan.  Place lasagna rolls in pan.  Pour remaining sauce over rolls and sprinkle with remaining 1 ounce Mozzarella.

If making ahead, cover and refrigerate pan.  Remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature before baking.  Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.  Makes 4 large servings, 2 rolls each.

4 comments:

  1. These sound great! I am going to give them a try for sure. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great and easy! I didn't have time to go to the store today and had no clue what to make for dinner. So I looked up your blog, and bingo! I already had everything I needed, and everyone loved it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had 11 of these lasagna rolls for breakfast this morning before my shoot with the cast of Glee, with the following result:

    1. Light headedness
    2. Bloating
    3. 70 minute nap
    4. More Bloating
    5. Destruction of Will
    6. Inability to formulate words and sentences
    7. gurggleblurbgurggle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these again tonight and doubled the recipe and added a box of frozen spinach (defrosted and drained) to the mix. So great!

    ReplyDelete