Monday, February 6, 2012

Carrots - It's a Wrap!

If you know me or you follow this blog, you know my absolute favorite food is Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing.  Period.


Unfortunately, my attempt at a healthy diet does not allow me to indulge in my "favorite" very often.  When I saw this idea on a fun blog I follow called Chocolate-Covered Katie, I couldn't wait to come up with my own version. 

Carrot Cake Wrap

2 tablespoons Neufchatel (light) cream cheese, room temperature
2 teaspoons powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 low carb or low fat tortillas
2 small carrots, grated
2 tablespoons raisins
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, optional (I'm not a fan)

Mix Neufchatel, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.  Divide between tortillas and spread evenly.  Cover with carrots and dot with raisins.  Sprinkle with cinnamon, then walnuts, if using.  Roll up and cut in half on the diagonal.  Makes 2 servings, 4 points plus for Weight Watchers or 170 calories each.

No comments:

Post a Comment