Monday, July 11, 2011

Roasted Veggies Revisited

My very first recipe in January of 2011 presented you with a plate of roasted zucchini and shared a formula for making roasted vegetables.  Recently, it became clear that a reminder is due. 


With so many wonderful vegetables in season now, I can not help myself.  I heat my oven to 400°F. almost every night, toss veggies with a tiny bit of olive oil, salt, and sometimes pepper, and pop them in.  Within a half hour at most, including a stir part way through, I have the most delicious side dish.  The vegetables caramelize on the edges and make the dinner plate look beautiful.

This night was eggplant and orange bell peppers.  Most nights I just roast one veggie.  It always depends on what's in the fridge and what sounds good.  I believe parchment paper on the baking pan is worth the money because cleanup is so easy.  Silpat liners are great for cookies and other baked goods but harder to clean when cooking vegetables.  I've learned a lot from the many variations.


Dinner is served!  There's even a bonus pile of roasted potatoes tonight.  Give this a try and you will certainly find it easy to enjoy your veggies.

1 comment:

  1. I love roasting veggies!!! Sometimes I put the potatoes in a oil + herbs mixture before roasting them! It turns out delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete