Saturday, January 8, 2011

Welcome to my kitchen!

Come in and spend some time with me.  Let me share with you my passion for food, cookbooks, and healthy cooking.  My kitchen is my escape from the craziness of life.  It is where I create the meals that satisfy and nourish our hungry bodies.  But more than that, it warms our hearts with the sounds and smells of loving food preparation.

My cooking is not complicated or extravagant.  I love the flavors of faraway places and of local traditions.  I linger over cookbooks and magazines and watch other cooks.  I take it all in and put my lighter spin on it.  No meal is ever the same, and many recipes are exciting experiments.

Through the daily process of getting food on the table, and with the help of Weight Watchers, I lost 30 pounds.  I now live the lifelong challenge of weight maintenance.  I make it fun, looking for recipes that meet my flavor and health expectations and then cooking and eating them!

I hope you will join me as I share from my kitchen.  Here's to health and good cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment