Friday, June 10, 2011

Parfait Time

Ever since I bought my pretty parfait glasses, I have looked for opportunities to use them.  With my over-abundance of peaches, nectarines and apriums (3/4 apricot and 1/4 plum), the creation of a new parfait was bound to happen.



Just as I was ready to place the layers in the glasses, I remembered a beautiful glass bowl that has remained unused in my cupboard for years.  A four-serving parfait was born!



Summer Fruit Parfait

4 pieces of fruit such as peach, nectarine, or apricot
1 1/4 cups nonfat milk
2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or 1/2 teaspoon orange flavoring
1 package instant sugar free fat free vanilla pudding mix
4 Biscoff cookies or other biscuit-type cookies, crushed
1 cup thawed fat free frozen whipped topping

Pit and chop fruit; set aside.  Place milk, liqueur or flavoring, and pudding mix in mixing bowl and whisk 2 minutes.  Spoon half into pretty glass bowl or 4 individual parfait glasses.  Set aside 2 teaspoons cookie crumbs, then sprinkle half remaining crumbs over pudding.

Spoon half fruit over crumbs, then spread evenly with half whipped topping.  Repeat layers.  Sprinkle reserved 2 teaspoons crumbs over top.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.  Makes 4 servings, 4 points plus each.

No comments:

Post a Comment